Wednesday 29 June 2016

Yes, its been a while ...

Ok, I know it's a bit of a cliché, but I cannot believe how quick this year is going. Thinking is was just a couple of months since I last posted, I checked the blog and can't believe it was in November!!


Now that does not mean that I have not been "thinking about entrepreneurship" of course ;)  And 'doing' quite a lot as well ... but that can wait for another blog.


I have been prompted to get back to this blog because last night was the first night of teaching for a Post Graduate class that I have been teaching for 10 years now on Maori entrepreneurship. Previously they have been asked to keep a journal to record their "thinking about entrepreneurship". This year they have been asked to contribute to a blog. Yes, I have finally moved into the 21st century with regard to course assessments. Except I cannot take any of the credit for this - rather I am teaching with a young colleague, Kiri, who is quite the social media guru.


I posted on a wonderful blog  last year - Indigenousknowledgenetwork.net - about Takarangi, the double spiral of creation,  ( https://indigenousknowledgenetwork.net/2015/09/06/the-space-in-between/ ) and last year on this blog about the "space in between". Both of these talk about productive collaboration and innovation, the emerge of opportunity in this space.


Working with Kiri is another example of how the framework of Takarangi and ako (learning together) come into play. Kiri was a student in this class in 2009 and went on to complete her masters and is now enrolled as a PhD student. So she is now teaching me and encouraging some very good changes to this course and I am learning and adapting the course with her input. And having a great deal of fun in the process. So if we are asking students to blog, then well, I better get back into it as well :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - I will post your comment shortly.
Chris